Be grateful...

At the end of this year, as we look back and felt that we’ve not done much or we’ve not done enough, well, if you would examine your year closely, you WILL find traces of God and footprints God had left in various times, especially those times you’ve called Him.

I give thanks to Him when PC asked me to start the new cell in IMU. It’s all new to me and believe me, they are great people, but being in the midst of a bunch of medical students, you’ll definitely feel kinda lost in their conversations! At least I was… But I thank God that as I prayed and persevere and contend for a breakthrough, He answered my prayers. There was a turnaround in the relationship between the imu girls and me in the journey of discipleship as they begin to allow God to work in their lives. One of them even said she did not want to miss the discipleship time! That was an evidence of God being real to that girl. I believe that God is going to do greater works in this uni and that the girls will arise and make a difference in where they are – in IMU, in their family, with their friends!

I also give thanks to God to ALL His interventions in the dance ministry. This year, as I begin to lead the dance ministry, I was determined to let God be the leader of this team and ministry and truly God has been good. He’s brought different people to share the load, He gave me visions and answers on to how to run the way He wants to. At the time we were suppose to do the dance on the song ‘Shackles’ in July and we didn’t have thots on the introduction, God gave me a VISION, literally, I saw how to do it. There were different breakthroughs happening among the dancers. A few of us were challenged by wanting to make a difference, we went to take classes and improve the skill level of the team.

And even the recent Christmas performance was another breakthrough for us. Many years, we’ve just did dance with a Christmas song. But this year, thru God’s inspiration, we wanted to tell the gospel through the dance! I was away for 3 weeks and when I came back 2 weeks before Christmas weekend, I realized that the dance was not ready and being a normal person, I panicked and I prayed. Now, if what you’re doing is of God, He will make it happen. Believe it, all the choreography and the whole show was kind of revealed to the people involved and it was done in about TWO days. The Christmas dance that we did was done in 2 days, practiced in 2 weeks and it did tell about the gospel of why we celebrate Christmas. Isn’t God real? Isn’t God’s splendor revealed? I believe that this year was just a hint of what God can do with the team but next year, He will bring the ministry to another level in skill and in spirit.

Here’s a scripture to encourage you.
In Isaiah 49:3-4, He (God) said to me, "You are my servant, Israel, in whom i will display my splendor."
But i said, "I have labored to no purpose; I have spent my strength in vain and for nothing. Yet what is due me is in the LORD's hand, and my reward is with my God."

When you think carefully, you will realize that whatever you’ve done for Him, it’s not in vain. Even if you just fetched some people, wrote an encouragement note, shared a testimony or gave a hug to assure someone, it will not avail to nothing for God will use it to display His splendor! Are you looking for those traces of Him? Look closely and you will see those traces of God all through the year and He promise that He WILL continue to do greater things in the coming year.

Have u thank God yet?

=)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

arloOO sharon!
I found you~ ooh la la~
found you through ian.
i shall link you now!!

summerarctic said...

oohhh... ahhh..... eeeehh.... U FOUND ME! hehehehe.....