Do Good N Help Others

Galatians 6:10, so then, while we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, and especially to those who are of the household of faith

Psalm 145:9, the Lord is good to all, and His mercies are over all His works.

Recently, I've thoughts on this topic. The Bible teaches me to do good and I see my pastors always do good and help others. Yet I also grow up in an environment that is petty in doing good unless there is return reward and if there is no known return, I get scolding for helping and usually end in a heated argument. Sometimes I feel like I should stop helping others so that I don't create any fights at home.

Recently, a close family friend passed away. She was a multimillionaire but live like a miser herself. Of course all the money was saved up and now given away to nieces and nephews. I was sadden by the news especially since I did not get to see her in her last days. But during this CNY, the gossip that I heard saddens me even more. Phrases like "...that niece should have bodek her aunt so that she gets all her inheritance.." kept popping up. I don't know how to respond.

Personally, I feel like it is such an irresponsible statement and the intention of the person is so 'not morally right,' not to mention Christ-like. Yet the person that said that is a close family member. If I were to speak out, she will be offended and feels that I am being disrespectful. In a Chinese family culture that is consider "no big no small" (does not respect the elderly). Yet If I don't speak up, it will be like I agree with her, which I don't. The dilemma is laughable.

I want to do good and learn to do more good but there are those in this fallen world that does not 'like' to do good and even discourages me to do good. To continue the story, the niece mentioned did not treat her aunt well and now live in fear that her ghost will come back and haunt her. She live like a mental breakdown person now. Do good not just so that we can live without mental breakdown but do good just cos we should and need to do good because that is good.

Thank God there is the Word Of God to constantly align us to be Christ-like and do good.

Sent from my iPad

0 comments: