Did someone thank God for you recently?

Zech 8:23, This is what the LORD Almighty says: "In those days ten men from all languages and nations will take firm hold of one Jew by the hem of his robe and say, 'Let us go with you, because we have heard that God is with you.'"

Did you know last sat was one of the most challenging DAY i had since a long time? it was so difficult that i yelled at someone, broke down and cried shamelessly before God during the worship time.

it all started well, just like any other saturdays. sats are always my busy day and i'm more or less used to it by now but this one was crazy........

had dance practice and reheasal from 1pm to 6:45pm, but then everything seems to be pulling for a piece of me. the steps not ready, the multimedia not ready, a guy pulled out last min and i had to frantically look for a guy replacement summore, finally found someone, but he was having difficulty overcoming himself, someone forgot it's rehearsal day n got caught in schedule, the team not doing the steps sharp enuf, the stage not ready, ppl still using stage, no crew to clear stage so can't even mark our positions, havent do pastor's slides, announcement slides, marilyn came for training n waiting for me, nobody pick up church calls, shooting in the hall so the dancers were there but cant play the song and to top it off, here come someone who didnt aldy read the look on my face, dare to tell me she's got to go for shooting! that was the last straw!

i yelled at her cos she was being irresponsible in double promising on her schedule and have the nerve to tell me it's NOT her fault! when will ppl take responsibilities for their own? who's fault is it if I dun remember the dance moves? it's not anyone's fault but my own. rehearsal is till 6:45pm and everyone knows that between 3pm -6:45pm, they are booked for the rehearsal and not suppose to do anything else! this kind of double booking misun often causes clashes with the departmental leaders when it's not even our fault!

al tho i was boiling, i was more frustrated, disappointed and discouraged by all these... so, i broke down and cried. i called pc. i called her not to complain or let out but it's really cos i was not in my right mind to make any decision and so i called her to ask her whether should i just cancel the rehearsal today so that everyone is released....

i pulled myself together and go on the rest of the day... there is still powerpoint, training, worship session, word of God, communion, and pull myself together to minister to others during altar call! it was not easy or discipline, but it's called the grace of God. if on my own, i rather go home, sleep it off and sulk, but with God, i was able to pull myself together, continue on to lship meet, help someone shift, rush to the african passion and support se wei, with more than enuf to not just minister to myself but minister to others as well. that is why i thank God for God is with me...

i tell all these is not to poke fingers at all the happenings, but to say this:
the verse above says that '
because we have heard that God is with you' and i wanna say that at the end of that sat, as i sat in my room and reflect, you know wat? i began to thank God, for Him and for a few other ppl.

i thank God for PC as she stood with me thru this difficult time, honor me in front of everyone and gif me enuf grace for the next couple of days to regain myself. it's not wonder i love her.

i thank God big-time for Nai Lin as she understood what i went thru and was there giving me encouragements in her supports. somehow, i felt stronger with her around. she was even so humble as to apologise cos the choreo was not finished but i saw her efforts every week and she really tried and i know and i really appreciates her lots and lots.

i thank God for Doreen and CiYeng as they were so willing and so quick in responding to my needs in the various chores in the church. quick. willing. efficient. effective. what more could a leader ask for? thanks! You are dear to me cos u touch my heart many times.

i thank God for Ina, as she did a good job in the choreo so i didnt have to worry about stacie's moves.

i thank God for Samson, at the end of service, he came to me and tell me he will rise above himself and try his best to do it. i really appreciate that cos it was wat i needed and he did stuck to his word. he went and practice with yc till 3am! talk about being responsible! u're the man!

i thank God for Lisa, she took care of the afghan visa application for the missionaries for me so i don't need to go ampang n all the hassle. she's such a blessing, really. u rock!

and i also wanna thank God for Linda. i was suppose to have cell but all the arrangements seems not happening and clashing with each other and all and i was not well, lying down whole day but still wanna push myself to at least have dinner with the girls cos i wan them to know i value their time, but finally i gave up. i was in such pain i needed to lie down and pastor called asking me to go earlier to setup church before the class. so i gave up and sms linda to tell her i cant liow. and she say she actually ate but cos i wanna meet, so she was gonna meet me and appreciates me... wow, talk about encouragements needed! thanks, gal. love u more since then... ehhehe....

of ALLLLL that had happened over the weekend, these were some of the ppl that showed me God is with me and they themselves were radiance reflections of God to me.

i was sharing with Charlene the other day that why cant ppl wan to be a blessing? if everyone just take a bit of the load, then the main person don't need to be so heavy laden. no need a lot, just a chip off the big block and it would lessen the leaders' burden. We would aldy be a blessing to them. i was just sharing with someone, if i do a bit more and pastor and pc can be release from it, i will. if i just lose some sleep so they can sleep a bit longer, then i would do that. it's no big deal, i believe it's only called serving. and that makes me who i am. i'm not bragging that pastor and pc appreciates me lots in wat i do but i think there were times i did the extra mile for them and they were relieved. that was aldy my reward, to see them relieved...

Did anyone thank God for you recently? If not, were u trying to be a blessing to ppl? or u intend too, but stopped at the next comfortable step....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Me leh? =(

summerarctic said...

hmmm.... let me think wat can i say about u leh..... hmmmmmmmmmm... let me think yah..... hmmmmm mmmmm mmmm.............

Anonymous said...

i wanted to say your post really encouraged me and somewhat put me to shame..and then saw bernard's comment..almost going to faint.O_o

yeah..thanks for sharing your life here. it sure is a wonderful testimony.

summerarctic said...

hmmm... anonymous...i wonder who?? =)
i'm glad u r encouraged. that's the purpose i wrote, not to put anyone down but to share my heart and thank all those who'd blessed me and encouraged everyone to be a blessing to others!! ehhehe...