So you think you can choreograph.... like this?

There were not really many good things happening for me in SYTYCD S5.
i loved S4 more cos there really were so many more productions that had moved me from one state of emotions to another, bringing me to places i've not been to.
but here are THE two choreography from Season 5 that had brought goosebumps to my skin all through the experience and tears that easily come to the brim of my eyes. hope u'll enjoy it as much as i did - the truth in the experience.

when i see these, i know that there are rare geniuses in this world that are specially gifted enabling them to reach deep in and touch your soul with their creations... whether u are prepared for it or not... and i, humbly, am not one of those...

this is, thus far, the choreography that's closest to heart. addiction. the truth is so real. the reality so close. the bondage so difficult to break. it can make me cry.
how many times in our lives where we want, we do, we desire... that which is not good for us? too many times to count. it brings back memories.
the routine had forever changed the song 'gravity' for me. of course i fell in love with sara bareilles after this. every time i listen to this song, i will become quiet, with the whirl of emotions running inside as i ponder and pace myself in my thoughts. it affects me. mia, u're the priceless.

choreo by mia michaels, danced by kupono & kayla.


when i watch this with trish in the room, we were so quiet after it finished. we were brought out of the room into somewhere else. the experience kept us in silence, kept our emotions, kept the goosebumps on our skin. when we came back to our senses, i think we turned to face each other and exclaimed..."oooohhh... sooooo good..." and this ended up being one of the favourite routine that i've watched countless many times.

this dance is about a woman with breast cancer.
just how many times in our lives where we can remember the struggle, the strength, the helplessness to have to go through in a difficult situation that is not in our control but yet we can't avoid it? too many to count. too many fears I can recall. tyce, you're the gift.

choreo by tyce diorio, danced by ade & melissa.


these two choreographers has the 'power' to change my emotions. wow....

0 comments: