merr's birthday letter...

Hello, hello

It's been a long time since I've written to you all =) Thought I'd get back into doing it. Hope everyone's doing OK. A little update here in Kuching - things are going fine.. I just helped out my pastor with some powerpoint stuff.. had what I call the Sharon-style in my powerpoint =) Didn't work quite as fast and efficiently, however.. probably because it wasn't for a sermon lol. Sharon, you didn't teach me to work on announcements....

It's my birthday tomorrow (Sunday). I was at my b'day dinner tonight and I remember that in my last Life Group, I was asked what my most memorable birthday was. I remember a lot of birthdays - when I was 3 I spent it with a bunch of my classmates in my mom's pre-school. When I was a kid between 6-9 years, I spent one at a Sugar Bun branch and played in the big playground and spent another with chicken pox. When I hit adolescence, I spent it with my closest friends. When I was 14 and 15, I smiled at the camera with my beautiful metal-covered teeth. When i was 16, I got a new puppy. I loved all my birthdays - people around me made them special, with their presence and their presents

I guess I don't like to choose my most memorable birthday because it would make me feel like I'm practicing favouritism. However, I can name the most different birthday I've had - June 2nd 2007, Melaka. I was privileged to be able to spend it with all of you and in a very different way from how I usually spend my birthday. Only in ECF have I encountered people who would gather and speak encouraging words on someone's birthday.

I realize how blessed I am to have known every one of you, regardless of whether I've known you from the day I stepped into Puchong or having had just met you. I'm unable to sit down and count the ways each of you have blessed me because my list may never end - I'll sure leave something out with my absent-minded memory, then will have to add to the list again and again I'd like to thank every one of you for having made my 20th birthday special by celebrating it with me and for making my 21st birthday special by just being my friends and making me feel loved.

Rest assured, you're loved too God bless.

Merr @ Peng
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

some people pass by our lives without a trace, or with a bad taste.... there are those who leave a sweet taste...
Merr. thanks for your friendship. i truly enjoy your pampering, my bullying n a place to pour-lash. will miss you tremendously! thanks for telling me you love me in your own ways.... i know..

I've heard it said
That people come into our lives for a reason
Bringing something we must learn
And we are led
To those who help us most to grow
If we let them
And we help them in return
Well, I don't know if I believe that's true
But I'm glad there's today
Because I knew you...

1 comments:

Merr-peng said...

Bing bong!