we all JUST dancing for God...

The past 2 days, I had been watching dances at our churches or Christian groups. From the States to Korea, to those in KL.

I remember I was commenting to Nai Lin…

…why are the choreography still just standing at position and do the moves with hardly any change of formation at all? Don’t they watch concerts or what the world is already doing? If they have not come to realization that they need to improve then how are they gonna make a difference to the world? Why would the world come to them if they are still doing the old stuffs when outside is offering much more excitement and interesting choreographies that can keep their attention. One minute of watching each of the videos, I kinda got bored and switch to another video and then on to another and then on to another video…

Last night, reaching home 11pm and as usual, the aprt was quiet, everyone’s asleep, when I was in the shower, I just tune in to either worship, singing or alert to hear from God in the quietness, praying about the dances I’ve seen and asking God how come the church dances are still in the old school.

Immediate God adjusted me.

They are called to worship Me and whether the formation is changing or just standing still, they have done well. They worshipped me in what they are called to do and that is good enough.

But your call is not just to worship but to reach artistes and affect the media and performing arts, so your way of doing dance needs to rise up to the next level in standard – in skill and in spirit. If you do this, you have done well else, you need to reach to your calling. Vice versa. There is no comparison because the objective-calling given to each dance group is different.

That one God-thought dropped like a bomb that blew me off. Immediately, I repent of my pridefulness because I was using my own measure to judge other people when it is God that knows the heart and He is the judge.

0 comments: