9. THE REENGINEERING LEADERSHIP STYLE

Taken from "Courageous Leadership" by Bill Hybels.


Reengineering leaders are at their best in turn-around environments. These leaders are gifted by God to thrive on the challenge of taking a troubled situation - a team that has lost its vision, a ministry where people are in wrong positions, a department trying to move forward without a strategy - and turning it around.

This leader says, "This is my lucky day. I get to start reengineering this mess."

These leaders enthusiastically dig in to uncover the original mission and cause of the mission drift. They reevaluate personnel, strategy and values. The repeatedly meet with team members to help them figure out where the "old" went wrong and what the "new" should look like. then they prod members on to action.

Reengineering leaders love to patch up, tune up, and revitalise hurting departments or organisations. But when everything is back on track and operating smoothly, these leaders may or may not be motivated to stay engaged. Some of them are content to stick arund and enjoy the fruits of their labors, but many prefer to find another department or organization that needs to be overhauled. When they find one they start salivating. "Would you look at that kingdom train wreck?" they say. "If I could get my hands on all that twisted metal, I know I could turn it into something great for God."

I believe that God has placed reengineering leaders in every church. It's your job and mine to find them and put them to work.

Every time i read this, my body starts to react! This is exactly how i feel! even now, taking over YOF, once i've set the flow, the structure, i've no patience to maintain it. losing excitement and getting into a 'mode'... this is a flaw to the style. hahah... but this is me!
ooo... even now, my goosebumps are coming... as though agreeing with me... oh yeah! hahah...

2 comments:

Grey Room said...

so you.........=D

summerarctic said...

got good, got bad...
cant stay long in one event.