Lifetime Testimony 2

I came to know God when I was 15 years old. I know God is a good God and yeah, all the right words. But, let me begin my story. Just a few years ago, I was a carefree student happily doing what I want, having what I want to… study at APIIT, my own car, 2 houses coming into inheritance… it’s all mine. I know that i can always fall back fall back to these and will always have a shelter over my head!

But then, my dad’s business failed. Just like that. Snap of finger. Blink of an eye. From everything, became nothing. The houses were sold to pay debts, so was the cars - creditors and loan sharks on our tail. At 21 years old at that time, I was suddenly shaken out of my comfort zone. No more shelter. Parents depending on me. No more money in the bank. No way out of this room of walls crumbling in on me. It was like a wake up call to life!

Not only that, my parents was on the brink to split ways, and my dad even threatens to take his life because he couldn’t take the pressure of creditors. I became totally at lost. How could a 21-year-old take all these in a dose? I mean, I was supposed to go to my parents for help but I feel that they needed help too.

But then in the midst of all these, there was still a glimmer of hope in my heart to believe that things can turn around. You know what? That is the gift of Hope because God is with me. I just celebrated my 24th birthday yesterday, and looking back the pass few years, I was really glad that God already thought of me before the financial crisis was going to happen.

He introduced Himself as my hope before I needed him so that when I frantically needed hope, he was just right there, beside me. He gave me hope to not just hide in His comforting Presence in my fear and shame, i was able to surrender the pieces of my life and pull my family together, to find a place to stay, to be the one to share hope to my parents that they too may go on with a different kind of lifestyle. I didn’t become depressed or take my life because God was and is still so real to me. I did not just pull through the ordeal; I was graced through it all.

Now, my security is not in any 'things' - not the assets, not my parents, not a boyfriend, not even money - but it is in God!

If you are reading this today and you felt that there is no more hope, well, let me tell you that there is hope. I am the witness. God wants to u.

0 comments: