Rising from the bed..

Read this from my devotion this afternoon,
A man once prayed, "Dear Lord, so far today, I've done all right. I haven't gossiped, haven't lost my temper, haven't been greedy, grumpy, nasty, selfish, over-indulgent, or told anyone to mind their own business and to stay out of mine. I'm really glad about that! But in a few minutes, God, I'm going to get out of bed, and from then on, I'm probably going to need a lot more help. Thank you, in Jesus' name. Amen."

It felt totally familiar. Following God is a choice I have to make every single moment, situation by situation. Willing myself to choose to pursue a life of holiness. From the moment I open my eyes n check my phone, "situations" start happening n I've to consciously make choices n self-control. Life is not a bed of roses. Like Renny says it, it's a bed of roses with its stem still attached!!

0 comments: