neither here nor there...

It's been two months since i last blogged. so much has happened, especially in the month of December. This year, I decided to celebrate my 30th Birthday! With some of the girls at PC's house and also with the church office staffs in conjunction with the Staff Christmas Party! Don't know what made the difference but something made the difference that I felt it's a new chapter and time to celebrate and thank all the people in my life that had been there for me, and with me, the in the past 8 years. I don't know how to thank you guys enough. Without bits of each of you over the the years, life would have been boring and tough. Thanks for everyone for sharing life with me.

Hitting right in the middle of my life is The Heavenly Gift. In the past, I've always shared half the responsibilities with bee Sean but this year, she'd decided to move on to start her own shop - OFFLINE BLOGSHOP and so at the last moment, I'd to pick up the whole project by myself assisted with the novice Chris. It wasn't that bad just really crazy busy and it felt like no day and no night for the month of December. The training, the feedback, the arrangements, the changes and the schedules were not new for me. It was just part and parcel that comes with running event. Even when my apartment got robbed at the second Sunday, I will still holding the fort and keeping my level-headed. I guess the prick that burst the balloon and made me defeated and cried for two days was when I got scolded by my team mates in public in the middle of the booth at IOI Mall. I was not just humiliated in public by my own team, I was defeated by it. Crushed. I've never say that I'm the best person for the job nor am I juggling it the best. But I am trying to do my best in handling over two hundred volunteers and managing the security guards and the sponsors and the corporate sponsors and office and also THG and Tesco. I can understand that everyone is also a volunteer and trying not to stretch everyone but I hope everyone will also understand that I am stretched and strained as well and give me a little grace. All said and done, after the attacked, I still be the professional and took the humble pie to apologise and explain and then head straight back to cry in the Youth Room, then dust off the discouragement and continue on. I can't drop the ball, right? But it made me understand, first hand, why people are reluctant to lead...

The moment THG finishes, I pack up and flew off to Bali for 4 days. I just needed some space and time and away to recover from everything. I just wanted to take a slower pace to life and was not so keen on dashing to every corner of Bali. But still gotten some things done. Unlike the first time, this time I went to the beach. It was nothing to shout about and I just wasn't comparing the beach with all the other beaches in the world. A beach is a just a beach to me. Whether it is big or small, beautiful or sandy, it's just still a beach. I went to see a beach and I got a beach. hahahaha... that is my point of view.

That's Jocelyn standing at the flag pole.


Went to another beach, Jimbaran Beach, for dinner on the beach. It would have been better if we got to eat seafood right there on the beach though.. ahhaa.. Ching was wearing her new sundress..

If you do not know, Matching Misfits is now at OFFLINE BLOGSHOP, thanks to Bee Sean and Bernard. I really wanted to put there and they gave me a space at the last moment of consideration and I am thankful for it. I guess I've thought of starting a shoe shop but never got around to doing it and so this setup is good for me too. Just that now i need to stock up and the shoes and hike up the price for the rental as well. So ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, the Matching Misfit shoe prices at the website will be increasing pretty soon. Get your pair from the site now else be disappointed at the price hike! =)


0 comments: