My Time Line Life Story

we did an exercise yesterday where we listed all the high times and low times in our life from day born till today. so everyone plotted the significant events in their lives... then s i reflect those times and the ppl, i cried like a baby...

what i've discovered about my timeline...
  1. all the low times were related to happenings in my family
  2. most of the high times were related to God
  3. below primary school years, were all lowest times and high times after high school. in between that period of time, nothing significant happened in my life.. as though non-existence.
  4. as i do this exercise, i realised that i have the tendency to block out unhappy events in my life. as i dig it out to plot it there, i know i'm still affected emotionally...
  5. through the high times and low times, i realised that...
    • God was there with me. he was telling me that he saw all those low times in my childhood and therefore he took me out of those times and put me in good times after i got saved in high school
    • PC was there with me. she showed me how to love by loving me when i was bitter with life. she showed me by opening her home and giving me a shelter. she was there for me.
    • Kat was there with me. though somewhere in between i was offended but she stuck with me and loved me during years where i was angry and bitter.
Question to ponder:
When someone else plot their life, would anyone say that YOU were there for them? Or your life legacy involves only you and not touched any other lives?

Proverbs 16
1To man belong the plans of the heart, but from the LORD comes the reply of the tongue.
2All a man's ways seem innocent to him, but motives are weighed by the LORD.
3Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed.
4The LORD works out everything for his own ends - even the wicked for a day of disaster.
9In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps.
17The highway of the upright avoids evil; he who guards his way guards his life.
25There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was a good exercise and I learnt important things too. But unlike you, I tend to blot out the nice, happy times remembering only the saddest moments. Then God revealed that the highest times I had was when He was most real to me. I was touched, reminding myself of the 'footprints in the sand' story. =))

summerarctic said...

wow... i guess different ppl deal with memories differently but more important is that God speaks to us through it all... thanks for reading my blog.